Culinary teams are prioritizing local sourcing more than ever before:
- Buyers need to localize and diversify their supply chain in order to achieve predictable prices and build resiliency in an unpredictable market.
- For chefs, “good enough” doesn’t cut it. They want the highest quality ingredients, harvested to order from farmers growing for flavor.
- Eaters want to know where their food was grown, who grew it, and how it got to them. In other words, they expect their food’s story be delivered along with their food.
Unfortunately, even the most innovative companies are struggling to source locally at scale. Whether you are a grocery startup, fast-growing food company or inventive restaurant group, sourcing sustainable, local, or ethically-produced ingredients at large volumes — or across various regions — can be a nightmare. You’re either stuck negotiating with your distributor to expand their catalogue or stuck on the phone negotiating individual contracts with local suppliers.
Permanent is a local aggregator with a nationwide network.
We represent hundreds of local produce, dairy, and protein farms, many women-led or BIPOC-led, with sustainable, organic, or regenerative practices. Permanent’s catalogue isn’t just unique, it’s full-service — that means it can grow to surpass your local sourcing goals on impact, volume, and price. With Permanent, ordering local has never been easier. Simply add Permanent as a vendor, and order through your existing procurement software or use ours.
With Permanent, your chefs get the highest quality ingredients, your procurement team gets better prices with less hassle, and your farmer suppliers get uplifted.
The best part? You get all the credit.
- Access to local suppliers who surpass your sourcing goals within one single vendor (Permanent)
- Competitive prices with far less volatility than the broader market
- Flexibility to order week over week or pre-order to get large discounts
Permanent is a single vendor whose catalogue can grow to meet all of your local sourcing needs. Whether you’re self-operated or foodservice-operated, simply add Permanent as a vendor in your or their existing procurement system.
And whenever it’s time to expand your local catalogue, our sourcing team is just an email or call away. All of Permanent’s farmers are GAP-certified and pre-vetted so you can click with confidence.
- The highest quality ingredients — local, delicious, and sustainable — from trusted farmers in your region
- A personalized crop calendar to view real-time availability throughout the year
- Direct, meaningful relationships with local suppliers without the headache of coordinating logistics
Unlock your kitchen’s creativity by sourcing from local growers committed to flavor. Invite suppliers you already love and tap into our ever-growing network. And if we’re not in your region yet, we’ll build that supplier base for you within weeks to months. With our crop forecasting, you can see what’s growing across hundreds of farms in your region and plan inspired, seasonal menus months in advance.
You’ll have access to ingredients harvested less than 48 hours ago and the first pick of next season’s crop. Permanent’s catalogue is unique to you — sourcing ingredients you love from farmers you trust.
Marketing and Sustainability get:
- Rich storytelling and media that boost sales and build your brand
- To achieve, track, and report on its sustainability and equity impact with ease
- Complete source traceability for every ingredient purchased
With Permanent, you can boost your brand by delivering more than the food. Not only do we provide complete source traceability, which helps with Scope 3 emissions calculations, we also provide QR codes and marketing materials to feature on menus, websites, social media, and more.
Plus, with our online dashboard, you get 24/7 access to your impact spending towards ESG metrics that your team cares about. No more pestering distributors for outdated or incomplete spreadsheet reports. Our platform and experts provide everything you need to be seen as a leader in the eyes of your customers (and beyond).